Over the weekend my best friend, who I’ve not had the chance to speak to properly in months, sent me some of those Facebook memory photographs. You know the ones that tell you what happened ‘On this Day’ so many years ago. After we spoke about how quickly the last 4 years had gone by and how we still looked pretty much the same, minus the fresh faces, I soon realised I really missed wearing woolly hats. Yes woolly hats. So it got me thinking of what else I miss about living away from England.
Before you read any further, I’ll add this isn’t your typical post about missing food or people. Just like me, my top 10 is full of slightly odd things.
So in no particular order, here are the 10 things I miss about living in England.
10. Wearing hats that aren’t motorbike helmets.
9. Being able to step out of my front door and go for a run.
8. The ease of making a bank transfer or payment.
7. Wearing tights / thick socks, or just any socks for that matter.
5. McDonalds coke the morning after a big night out 🙌🏽 #hangovercure
4. Not having to think twice about catching head lice at the age of 25.
3. Walking into a shoe store and not having to ask “What shoes do you have in a size UK 6?” as your first question.
2. Next Day Delivery 📦
1. Living in my blue fluffy nightgown whenever I was lazing around the house.
It’s crazy to think I still wear this nightgown after 10 years. The first time I wore it was a decade ago when me and my best friend, (who inspired this blog post), decided to go to school in our pyjamas to raise money for charity. I think it’s fair to say, from a very young age we didn’t mind standing out from the crowd!
Do you miss anything when you’re away from home? Leave me a comment below 👇🏽